Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Paul Penna Downtown Jewish Day School delivers an exciting multi-disciplinary, arts-enhanced program which addresses “big ideas” and embraces a pluralistic and egalitarian approach to Judaism. Our school proudly honours diversity and creates a bold, dynamic community of critical thinkers and creative problem solvers who are primed to be both nurturers and leaders in the world.
If you would like to be considered as a supply teacher, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in Paul Penna Downtown Jewish Day School. Please note that only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Working in collaboration with the Principal and Board’s Fundraising Committee, the new Director of Development at Paul Penna DJDS will be responsible for the co-creation and implementation of the school’s strategic fundraising plan, including active engagement in annual campaigns, special events, major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitations, and in-kind gifts.
- Meet regularly with the Principal on all fundraising activities and outcomes.
- Work with the Principal to create a culture that supports fundraising and encourages giving within the school community.
- Work with lay leadership and Principal to build a sustainable fundraising committee with a broad network reach and a succession plan.
- Create/review/revise a three to five year strategic fundraising plan, including specific annual objectives to be included in the annual budgeting process.
- Coordinate the design, development, and distribution of the collateral materials for the promotion of the school’s fundraising.
- Plan and oversee annual and special fundraising events in collaboration with lay committees and any special events consultants.
- Lead the research and development of an endowment fund for the school, as appropriate and relevant to the strategic fundraising plan.
- Attend school events as needed and appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- 7 or more years of relevant fundraising experience
- Relevant post secondary education
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and appreciation for the Toronto Jewish Community
Please email your resume to email@example.com.
Applications for this position will be accepted up to and including Friday, November 3rd.